Members in Attendance:  Bruce Cody

Via Teams: Kelly Kemick, Colin Stroeder, Reg Patterson, Rick Spasiuk, Carl Haase,

Not In Attendance: Ciara Duffy & Jaren Bell

 

1.       Call the meeting to order at 7:02pm.

 

2.       Adopt minutes from previous meeting. Motioned by Carl H to adopt 

 

3.        Financials and Accounting

 

4.       Budget

·         26 outstanding KVCA fees for 2024

·         1 outstanding KVCA fees for 2023

·         Note: $2,400.00 Heritage Grant from gov’n needs to be spent on Canada Day events.

 

5.       2024 AGM

·         Agreed date for AGM is Sat May 25th, 2024.  There will be a live meeting and persons able to attend virtually.  Virtual votes will be by proxy only.

o   1st notification will be emailed at least 2 weeks before

o   2nd notification along with proxy will be email at least 1 week before

·         Review latest version of 2024 Budget.

o   Should we include numbers for Alert Notification System

o   Should we include numbers for Cargo Trailer.

o   Adding more funds for Social Events

·         Confirm who plans to let their names stand.

·         Initial AGM discussion on consolidation of common area development and services Will have time for Q&A after AGM for anyone who has any questions.

o   Action: Colin Stroeder

·         There will be a vote held on whether to sell fire truck.

·         Bruce proposed an increase of annual fees from $100.00 to $200.00 per year. Unanimous in favour from BOD’s in attendance.  Updated forecasted budget will be presented and voted on at AGM.

·         Proposed Agenda: Sat May 25 – 9:30 to 11:30 AGM Meeting; 11:30 to 1:30 BBQ and Clean Up starts at 1:30pm.  Fireworks at dark.

·         FireSmart Presentation – This will be on a later date as FireSmart person (Jessica)is not available for AGM.

·          

 

Functional Areas Review

 

4.    Correspondence & Membership Maintenance:  Kelly & Bruce 

a.       Gmail still returns over 70 undelivered Gmail.  Need to be send individually.

 

5.     Community Engagement: Darryl, Sheri & Jared 

·         Update on Survey to confirm dates for AGM and Cleanup.

·         Sheri - Update on plans for Road Clean up and Hotdog BBQ after AGM

·         Team to provide a master plan for community communication via newsletters or email update, and through social media platforms.

 

6.         Fire & Safety – VFD&VFA: Ciara, Darryl & Rick 

·         Confirmed - Rene will do Spring / Summer hydrant training.  Email notification to be sent

·         Final review of Fire Truck letter to go to Membership. Email attachment along with 1st AGM notification.

 

7.         Developer Relations: On hold - Need to realign who is assigned to this after AGM.

 

8.       Growth & Development: Reg & Colin 

·           Updates to migrate common strata and freehold services and common area development to the KVCA. 

·           Next Steps

·           Develop step by step plan on how this should progress.

 

Genera Board Business

 

9.       Date and Time for next KVCA BOD meeting will be a couple of weeks after the AGM.

 

10.   Meeting Adjourned 8:35 pm

Koocanusa Village Community Association - BOD
Wednesday, May 1st, 2024 - 7:00pm
Microsoft Office Teams - Virtual & in-person
Meeting Minutes